Search This Blog

Monday 5 September 2011

In the Beginning (of this blog)

I have been working on Hibernate for the past year. Like all developers I learned along the way and in a haphazard manner. So when I really got the chance to study Hibernate I realized that I have been using the technology in a very flawed manner. So I decided to do what I should have done last year.
I brought a copy of the book "Java Persistence With Hibernate" and started reading it. Not finding the time to read it everyday has resulted in a longish learning curve. I have covered 20 select pages in the last 6 months. (An unsurprising observation, I have made is that all topics covered are related to all difficulties encountered in my every day work.)

So I finally decided to do things the right way. To read and to code. As I have benefited from a large variety of  sites in my learning process, I decided to do the same. Share the knowledge that I gather in the process.
As I myself am on a learning process I can in no way guarantee to be giving any expert knowledge here. All I am trying is to share what I learn. Cheers.

3 comments:

  1. It's nice, Robin! I don't claim to understand any Hibernate-related concepts here, but as you said, it's a good way to keep yourself motivated. Now I know where to turn to if & when I have to learn Hibernate. All the best. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going Robin.. I liked your blog...Many things to learn. It is definitely going to be useful. Can you create a similar blog for JSF ;) . I hope you'll do that in near future :P .. Just kidding.. All the best.. Keep learning, writing & sharing !!!!

    ReplyDelete